Sunday, July 13, 2008

Our weekly phone call

One of my friends in church always teases me about wearing my "bluetooth" during church. But I didn't want to miss Sarah's weekly phone call, and never know what time it will come! During church service today, my phone rang (only in my ear!), and it was Sarah from her new phone! I'm so glad I sent it to her, because now she doesn't have to wait in line at the pay phone, and can talk longer. She still only gets 20 minutes, but that's a lot more than she had before. She only has access to her phone for those 20 minutes each Sunday, then it is taken back and kept with her other personal items.

She has been doing teambuilding this week, climbing ropes, and really loving it. She receives her M16 rifle in the next few days, and will learn to take it apart, clean it and drill with it. The next segment of basic training will include markmanship (markwomanship?!?). If you want to follow what she is doing, click on the site under "Sites about me".

She said she really enjoyed the Buddist service last week, and was thinking about attending the Catholic service today. It really is a benefit to have all those different services right there on base. She has been wanting to learn about different faiths for a while, and now she has a great opportunity.

She said the letters mean a lot to her, and she wants everyone to know she appreciates them so much, even if she doesn't write back. She is busy from the time they are awakened at 4:00 AM until lights are out at 9:00 PM. Last night, she said they didn't have a very good drill, and had to work on it for an additional hour, so didn't get to bed until 10:00! Not so bad unless you have to get up at 4!

Keep writing!

No comments: